Pol Pot Journals

ប៉ុលពត កម្ពុជា ប្រជាធិបតេយ្យ

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A major writing project comes to an end


I finally did it. I finished my newest book The Pol Pot Journals. I just have to proof read it and then send it to press. It is a fictional autobiography. Some people will accuse me of glamorizing a mass murderer. Actually that's not how I see it. I tried to portray him as he really was, and I cut through some of the misconceptions and exaggerations. I decided to finish this book when I put up a Pol Pot site that was designed simply as an educational tool. The blogs were meant to sound like him, as if he wrote them.
Some American felt I was insensitive and complained to Myspace, getting the site pulled. I hate to say this as an American, but when it comes to free speech, many of us are weenies and crybabies, when we hear something we don't like. It amuses me when I look at a British blog and they wonder why they have more freedom of speech when they don't even have a First amendment. I put up a new one, but most of the blogs are marked "friends only."
I've spent a lot of time on the book. All books take time to write and there is always some research even if the material is familiar. Just as some people like to play in a band, I like to write books. With the new internet services, a book can be quickly released through a small publisher. Most of mine are sold on line. Only 20% of buyers by on line, But it's less work and I do sell a few books.
I think this one will catch on.

1 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, Salamander, this is all very good research material--I am so glad you were able to locate the videos!!! They are nice supporting references for the prolifery of books which abound!

I put the background in that box by just putting the url in the box thingy and v'la, but because my page is more simpler than yours--yours is a more complicated arrangement, I think what happened is that they didn't any longer offer you the option of doing such a thing, for you have customized your blog, and so, with more latitude, some of the simpler things were in the process, forfeited, I believe--that's why I immediately went back to basic white background and just a few whistles and bells, to keep maintanance down and help folks (no one except you!) focus on the blogs--no one ever visits my pages or comments on anything besides you! But I thank you all the same for your time and your curiousity!!!My most welcomed guest! Otto's wAR ROOM!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home